- Ask your healthcare provider or pharmacist which formulation is best for your child.
- Give dose based on your child's weight. If you don't know the weight, give dose based on your child's age. Do not give more medication than recommended.
- If you have questions about dosing or any other concern, call your physician or healthcare provider.
- Always use a proper measuring device. When giving infant drops, use only the dropper or syringe enclosed in the package. When giving children's suspension or liquid, use the dosage cup enclosed in the package. Kitchen spoons are not accurate measures.
- WARNING: If you're also giving your child over-the-counter (OTC) medications such as cold preparations, be aware that these they contain pain or fever reducers as such acetaminophen or ibuprofen. Be sure to reall all OTC medication labels carefully to ensure your child is not receiving more acetaminophen or ibuprofen than recommended.